Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Texas Flavor in Chicago

As a recent graduate of the University of Texas at Austin currently residing in Chicago and a former producer for "Put This In Your Mouth" I find myself craving the great Tex-Mex tastes of Austin. Don't get me wrong, the people of Chicago have already perfected several of my favorite dishes (pizza, hot dogs, Italian beef just to name a few). When the local Taco Bell won't get the job done I turn to the great world wide web in search of some Texas flavor. Luckily for me, some of my favorite dishes from down south have lovingly put recipes (or adaptations of recipes) on the internet for my consumption. In particular, one of my favorite restaurants to visit in Austin is Matt's El Rancho on South Lamar. If you are looking for copious amounts of deliciously creamy cheese, some spicy green chilies and rich avocados then this will keep you satisfied for days. It's called Bob Armstrong Dip and it has been a staple of Matt's for years. Enjoy!

Bob Armstrong Dip

Image courtesy of Dishola.


Check out the recipe here!

No comments:

Post a Comment